Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thing #14 Online Audio and Video Resources

This "Thing" was fun!  I liked playing on Teacher Tube and viewed a bunch of fun videos I can use in my teacher coaching  and with my own small groups of kids to build schema (background knowledge) for concepts I am introducing or that they are struggling with.  Teacher Tube has several capabilities, but I focused on the videos, audio, and photos portions.  I have constantly struggled to find images that are ok to use in my Face of the Classroom blog and the resources offered with Teacher Tube were particularly exciting to me.  I can search for images to use in my teaching or upload and share my own.  I can download files to MP3 as well.  But the real star of this show was the video section!  There were a plethora of videos available for classroom use.  You can upload existing ones, or make your own to use and share.

We were supposed to compare and contrast the benefits of video vs. audio in the classroom.  Since Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences, we realized that learners learn in different ways and the more of those modalities we can include in our instruction, the more likely learning is to take place.  Therefore, I like the use of video since it caters to both the visual, auditory learners and it also often addresses the musical learners and if we dance or add movements to the videos we can address the kinesthetic learner as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment