Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thing #2 Collaboration (And Google Docs) Rocks!

I started with a blue background and text that was really too big for the area for this slide in my series on how to make a cinquain poem.  I published it to Google Docs, shared it with a couple of our classmates (Thanks Harold and Pinky!) and this is what we ended up with.  I think it rocks!

This was only one slide--one example of many changes that were made to the whole presentation--banners, bulleted lists, etc. all added not only to the visual appeal, but made the presentation clearer and more focused. 
I find that I love the ability to work on things collaboratively!  I wasn't sure I would really like it--but WOW!  I can see huge possibilities for me using this tool.  If I am having trouble coming up with something to say, or a way to say it; if I can't seem to get the lay out right; if I don't have time for a face-to-face meeting with my co-workers; if I want to work on a project with someone overseas...endless possibilities.  But what excites me personally the most is this: if I've worked on something and can't seem to get it right--instead of getting frustrated and just trashing it, I can ask for help and actually GET it from somebody right from the comfort of my own couch!  Woohoo! How cool is that?

1 comment:

  1. And it doesn't hurt to have a colleague with a degree in Graphics & Design!!!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete