Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thing #2 Screenshot Using Google Docs Template

I made this document using the Google Docs template for a scrapbook page.  I love the quote and was glad for a place to add it to my blog.  I can see an endless array of possibilities for using this in my classroom.  I notice several of the templates would be useful to me as I am not always very organized--the To Do List and the Calendar templates might come in particularly handy.  I was also looking for a way to make small "toolboxes" for kids that struggle with math concepts --little "how to" tools like hundreds charts, touch point math lines, multiplication tables, directions on how to regroup in subtaction, etc. and this made me think I might be able to use a document camera to take shots of each step, use this template for scrapbook pages, and publish the toolboxes using mini scrapbooks. 

I'm even more excited about making a document that I can use to collaborate with other people.  In my position as a grade 3-5 literacy coach, I often have to work on joint professional development presentations and other joint activities with the lit coaches in our K-2 building.  Our time to be able to collaborate in person is extremely limited, so with the use of Google Docs, we can work on documents collaboratively without requiring a face-to-face meeting.  That will be my next task...stay tuned for further developments!

No comments:

Post a Comment